Sunday, April 22, 2007

Where I live






I thought I'd put in a few pictures to show everyone what it looks like over here, and how I'm living. Life here continues as normal. Well, as normal as life over here can be. Still hear/feel the occasional mortar round and fire fight. We're still working long hours. Long, but satisfying hours. I really like what I'm doing over here and like the people I'm working with.This is a picture of the trailer I live in. Two halves with one person living in each side (mine's the closest one) and a shared bathroom in the middle. We're lucky because a lot of guys are in "dry" trailers, where they live two to a room and have to go outside to other trailers to use the restroom and shower.




This is a picture of my room. It's not really messy, that's just my raincoat laying on the bed. It was a messy, rainy day when I took this picture.

And this is a pic of me at my desk, where it seems I spend all of my time. Like I said, though, it's a very fun work environment and our job is to keep the troops alive. Very satisfying work.
Hope all is going well for everyone back home. I'm doing fine and having a good time, but still would rather be home. Love you all.


2 comments:

Doc Martin said...

Hey Sir how are you doing with the sand wedge?
Just wanted you to know I was reading your blogs. Only problem was I just figured out I could actually respond back. So if I did this correctly you should be able to get a bit of a message anyway.
Glad to hear things are going well. I will keep looking on every now and then and try to comment just to let you know I am out there.
Larry

Unknown said...

Hey Baby, You look good! Stay safe okay. I was a little freaked out when I lost your call today. Did you find out if it was the attack on the chow hall that messed up the phone lines? Anyway...I love you very much. Cindy