Sunday, April 1, 2007

Learning the job

My turnover is going well. It's kind of fast and furious with a lot to learn and remember. I think I'm getting it. I am working as the Operations Officer for JCCS-1. We are tasked with a portion of the anti-IED fight. The IEDs are the Improvised Explosive Devices that you hear so much about. The road side bombs. It's a Navy outfit, but they are beginning to get an influx of us Air Force people to help with the job. Not that the Navy hasn't been doing the job, they've been doing an outstanding job. But they could always use a few more hands to help out. This is a link to our website: http://www.nrotc.umn.edu/JCCS-1/ .

This is an important part of the war here and I feel a very rewarding one. We are saving lives. Our equipment and the training we give the troops actually has saved many lives. I like that. We are working hard at it also. Our average working day is anywhere from 12 to 15 hours a day, 7 days a week.

For all my family and friends; things are going great. As you can guess, I'm very busy, but I enjoy the work. When I get this all figured out, I'll post some photos here of the local area. You might be surprised what you see.

No comments: