Sunday, May 20, 2007

New Blog Link

Hey Ya'll,
I was online this morning doing the instant message thing with Cindy and Melissa and found out that Melissa has started a blog. I've put a link to it along with the rest of my blog links. She only has the first post so far, but it's got some great pics of her and her friends on a trip to Yellowstone National Park. Looked like a lot of fun. Remember those college road trips?

This is a picture from Melissa's blog. For those of you who don't know Melissa, or maybe haven't seen her for a while, she's the blonde girl in the black shirt with some unknown guy's arm around her shoulder. He better be careful!

Just a little update on my progress. Last week was tough to make time for the gym, but I got in a couple of times. Haven't biked in years so it's taken me a little time to get used to it. However, as of this morning I've biked 76.8 miles. I'm now up to about 20 miles a day so that number should start building fast. It's not a bad way to exercise, just put on the headphones, crank up some good tunes, and start pedaling. It's fun.

Things are going well here. I've finally past the half-way point and am now on the downhill slide. As of today I have 81 days left until I'm on my way home, but who's counting? I'm still enjoying myself here. As you can see, though, the heat is starting up. I went "home" the other night and was hit by a heat wave as I opened my door. The air conditioner wasn't working. I put in a trouble call and the maintenance folks were there within the hour. Which is great. By the time they finally got the replacement a/c unit in, my room was just hitting 86 degrees. And that was at 11:00 pm! I'm not looking forward to the summer.

No comments: