Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Resolution

     I know I've been quite delinquent lately in keeping this blog up-to-date.  My resolution this year is to do a better job of posting regularly.  Let's see how that works out. 

     The week before the Bomb Wing stopped flying for the holiday season, we gave them a total of 11 check rides.  I couldn't believe it when we ended up disqualifying 8 crewmembers.  It is a difficult thing to have to tell someone that they are no longer qualified to fly the aircraft.  Something I've never had to do until now.  For those of you who might not know, it's not the end of the world for them. They will just have to complete the additional training we've assigned them, fly a bit with an instructor to get up to speed, and then pass another check ride.  Then they will be qualified again to fly and fight for the Air Force.  It wasn't a pretty week.

     We are all ready for our trip to Italy!  Can't wait to get over there.  Not looking forward to the jet lag, but other than that, it's going to be great.  I've stocked up on memory cards for the new camera, so hopefully there will some good pics to post here when we return.  As I said previously, I won't be taking my laptop with me (although Melissa says she still might take hers) so you probably won't hear from us until we get back.

     Hope you all had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: