Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back home and on the road again!

Well, I finally made it home from Baghdad! I arrived in Shreveport at 10:00 pm on the 15th of August. Of course, Cindy was there to meet me. It was a great reunion after being gone for 7 months. It's a great feeling to be back home. I'll always remember my time in Iraq; the people I worked with, and of course the war, but I love being home again.

And, I'm on the road again. Well, I should say that we are on the road again. Cindy and I are taking a trip to see family along with a good portion of the Southwest. We are traveling to Albuquerque for a night on our way to Las Vegas. We are going to meet Melissa (and her boyfriend Pete) there and sightsee for a couple of days. Then all 4 of us are off to Simi Valley, CA to see my sister Nikki and her family. Can't wait. It's been about 20 years since I've been to California to see her. About 4 days there and then up to Salt Lake City to visit with my parents and kids, and of course our Grandson! We will also be attending Cindy's annual family reunion, which will be a lot of fun. Then it's back to Shreveport and back to work.

My first step when I get back to work is, believe it or not, go TDY. Three of us are going to Minot to do some currency flying. That will be great since I haven't flown since January! Can't wait to get back in the jet.

Have more to come after that. Keep checking back as I will be blogging during the trip and hopefully adding some pics of our adventures as we go.

2 comments:

Flag Gazer said...

Love to read the happiness in this post!

Welcome Home - have great fun on your trip!

Jodi said...

Yeah! Your Home Safe.. It's good to have you home and we all can't wait to see you and Aunt Cindy.